Nov 18, 2019
My guest this week is the president of the Mises Institute, Jeff Deist. Jeff and I discuss the themes within his recent article, "Politics Drops Its Pretenses" and his recent speech on how "meaningless words" create a narrative. Is "democracy" really a good thing? Do those who use it even know what it means? Are we best off when 51% of the voters force their will upon the other 49%? Is it realistic for libertarians to find the right presidential candidate that will win over a majority of voters in hopes to live in a libertarian society? What if secession and decentralization is the best way moving forward? We will hear the establishment tell us that "politics and voting will bring us together" and "democracy in action is a good thing". Why does it seem, then, that the further entrenched government becomes in our lives, the more divisive and at odds the country becomes?
Visit Jeff Deist and the Mises Institute at: www.Mises.org
Follow Jeff Deist on Twitter: @jeffdeist
Read the article we discussed here: https://mises.org/wire/politics-drops-its-pretenses
Watch the Ron Paul / Mises Institute Symposium and see Jeff's speech on meaningless words here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhAIXP0aA
Like & Follow Death To Tyrants on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/deathtotyrantspodcast
Follow Buck Johnson on Twitter: @buckrebel
Donate to the show here: www.Patreon.com/deathtotyrants
If you use iTunes, give us a rating and a review!